Recommended for use with INDIA TREE Nature’s Colors Decorating Colors. Frosting shown tinted with INDIA TREE Nature’s Colors Decorating Colors and topped with INDIA TREE Nature’s Colors My Party sequins.
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer (optional)
- Rubber spatula
- Metal offset spatula
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Sift sugar, then gradually add it into butter along with the 4 tablespoons of cream. Continue to mix after each addition until smooth. Add more cream depending upon the consistency desired for spreading or piping. Keep in mind that the addition of liquid coloring may affect consistency. If the resulting frosting is too thin, add a bit more sugar.
- Add vanilla powder or extract if desired. Mix thoroughly.
Add coloring a drop at a time, mixing well after each addition, until you have achieved the desired hue. Keep in mind that the color will deepen a shade or two as it dries. When mixing colors refer to Coloring Guidelines for more information.
For Smaller Batches:
- Divide the frosting into batches of 1/4 (2 oz) – 1/2 cup (4 oz). Place each batch in a glass bowl. Add coloring a drop at a time, mixing well with a rubber spatula between each addition of color. (Refer to Coloring Guidelines for more information.)
- Before applying frosting to your baked goods, be sure that they have cooled completely, overnight if possible. Spread frosting liberally using a metal, offset spatula. Storage: Creamed frosting will remain fresh for several days in the refrigerator. Stir well before using.