Flourless Chocolate Torte
This rich chocolate torte uses no flour at all. It comes together quickly and easily, using just one bowl. INDIA TREE Superfine Caster Sugar gives this dessert its ultra-smooth texture. Dust with INDIA TREE Fondant and Icing Sugar. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Parchment paper
- 8″ cake pan — removable bottom such as a springform is helpful but not essential
- Microwave safe medium-sized bowl; or large metal bowl and a pot with smaller diameter than bowl; or double boiler
- Rubber spatula or large spoon
- Measuring cup — dry
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper. (Greasing the pan allows parchment paper to stay in place.)
Place the butter and the chocolate in a medium-size, microwave safe bowl. Heat bowl in microwave oven 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval until smooth.
Use a small- or medium-size pot and a bowl (preferably metal) of a larger size than the pot. Simmer water in the pot. Place the bowl on top of the pot. Place butter and chocolate in the bowl. Stir until melted smooth. Remove bowl from heat.
Double boiler method:
Put water in the bottom pan of a double boiler; bring to a simmer on the stove. Melt chocolate and butter together in the upper pan, stirring until smooth.
- Add INDIA TREE Superfine Caster Sugar to melted chocolate butter mixture. Stir in eggs one at a time, mixing well. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a crust forms on the top. The torte will still jiggle in the middle. Remove from oven and cool. Torte must be completely cool in order to remove from pan and to slice it.
- Dust with INDIA TREE Fondant & Icing Sugar before serving, if desired.