Green Salad with Spiced Vinaigrette
Mulling spices are steeped with apple cider to add a hint of exotic flavor to this simple and zesty, homemade vinaigrette, perfect when served with mixed salad greens or tossed with steamed autumn vegetables such as squash or Brussels sprouts.
Mulling Spice Vinaigrette:
- 8cups mixed greens
- 1apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Measuring cups – dry
- Measuring spoons
- Small saucepan
- Large bowl
- Mulling Spice Vinaigrette: Heat apple cider vinegar until simmering. Add mulling spices and cinnamon. Let steep for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer to bowl with spices. Whisk in honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil until combined. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Strain to remove spices.
- Salad: Toss mixed greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette to evenly coat.
- Stir in apple, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately. Store remaining vinaigrette refrigerated in an airtight container. Use within 1 week.