Mexican Style Hot Chocolate
This Mexican style hot chocolate is super rich and delicious. INDIA TREE Light Muscovado Sugar, INDIA TREE Canela, and freshly ground pepper contribute to its distinctive flavor. If you prefer a lighter chocolate, you can substitute milk chocolate for dark. Top with whipped cream and garnish with coarse ground INDIA TREE Tellicherry Pepper or Pepper Rainbow blend.
- 1/4cup cocoa powder
- 3tablespoons INDIA TREE Light Muscovado Sugar
- 4cups whole or 2 percent milk
- 1-2sticks INDIA TREE Cinnamon Sticks
- 2strips orange zest
- 1pinch ground INDIA TREE Pepper Melange
- 1large pinch ground INDIA TREE Brazilian Sea Salt
- 4oz chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the cocoa powder and Muscovado sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, add the canela, orange zest, pepper and salt and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the chocolate and turn off the heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then stir until the chocolate is melted and the cocoa is smooth.
- Remove the orange zest and canela and serve topped with whipped cream if desired.