Popcorn Pecan Clusters
Popcorn Pecan Clusters, made with INDIA TREE Paloma Blanca Popcorn, are a tantalizing snack for any time of year. Silvery-white kernels of corn explode into large, flavorful puffs. Add toasted pecans, sprinkle with salt, then drizzle with caramelized INDIA TREE Dark Muscovado Sugar. The result is a rich blend of caramel, nuts, salty, sweet, and chocolate flavors.
- 2 baking sheets – 1 of them large
- Large, heavy saucepan or a popcorn popper
- Measuring cups – dry
- Measuring spoons
- Small, heavy saucepan
- Candy thermometer
- Moisture proof storage container
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or use a lightly oiled teflon baking sheet. Spread pecans on another baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over high heat. Throw in several kernels of corn. Once kernels begin to pop, add the rest of the popcorn and cover. Pop, shaking pan frequently, until popping stops. Or, pop in a popcorn popper as instructed.
- Sprinkle with salt and spread popped corn out on the prepared, large baking sheet. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small, heavy saucepan melt together butter, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Insert a candy thermometer and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally and watch carefully to prevent burning until the mixture reaches 300 F. or hard crack. Pour mixture over popcorn and pecans and stir. Let harden, then break into clusters.