Sprinkled Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Mimi Council is the co-owner of Dessert’d Organic Bake Shop, previously known as Mimi’s Cookie Bar. In 2011, Mimi turned her passion for baking cookies into her livelihood by opening her shop in the small town of Mammoth Lakes, California. Mimi is a well known blogger and author of two cookbooks. Mimi’s recipes teach bakers how to use minimal and organic ingredients to create delicious works of art. Discover more from Mimi on her website Dessertd.com, as well as on Instagram and Twitter as @dessertdorganic.
Sprinkled Chocolate Sugar Cookies are a great addition to any celebration. Use INDIA TREE Carnival Mix Sprinkles to create this healthy treat. Gift them to friends or relish at home and “enjoy them with a giant glass of milk, or even chocolate milk,” Mimi encourages. This Sprinkled Chocolate Sugar Cookie recipe is used with Mimi’s permission.
- 1stick (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
- 226grams (1 cup) organic sugar
- 2teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 2organic large eggs
- 57grams (1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons) organic dutch cocoa, sifted
- 226grams (1 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons) organic flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon INDIA TREE Sea Salt
- Stand mixer
- 2 cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- To make these gluten free, substitute the organic flour for 240 g. (1 1/2 cups + 1 T.) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until all ingedients are combined and there are no butter chunks.
- Add the eggs and mix just slightly.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and INDIA TREE Sea Salt.
- Whisk together. Add this to the butter mixture and mix on low until a cookie dough forms.
- Fill a small dish with INDIA TREE Carnival Mix Sprinkles.
- On two cookie sheets with parchment paper, ball cookie dough into 24 cookie dough balls. Each ball should be about 2.25″ in diameter and look like a round disk.
- Then dip the tops of the rainbow sprinkles and place back on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.