Quality Ingredients for Creative Cooks
Sugar Cookies - Medium
Makes about 4 dozen cookies, depending on size of cutter
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This recipe is most suitable for bite-sized to medium-sized cookies. Follow it if you want a light, tender, finely textured cookie with a clean, fresh taste and a smooth surface for decorating.
- 2 2/3cups all purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup unsalted butter
- 1large egg
- 2teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
This recipe uses the following INDIA TREE products:
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer with a bowl
- Measuring cups – dry
- Measuring spoons
- Lemon squeezer
- Plastic wrap
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment or 2 silicone baking pads
- Cookie cutters
- Cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add egg and lemon juice. Beat until well mixed. With mixer on low, beat in flour until combined.
- Divide dough into four pieces, form into disks, and wrap each disk in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking pads.
- Roll out dough disk on a lightly floured work surface until it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake until edges just start to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let cool completely before decorating.
Sugar Cookie, Cookie, Dessert