Tuk Meric Black Pepper Dipping Sauce
A quick and easy dish for entertaining, Tuk Meric Black Pepper Sauce is a deceptively simple dip made from salt, pepper, and lime juice. In a Cambodian restaurant you will get it with everything from beef lok lak to freshly-boiled seafood. It is traditionally mixed right at the table and made with Kampot pepper grown only in Cambodia. This recipe calls for INDIA TREE Tellicherry Pepper.
- Mortar and pestle or pepper grinder
- Liquid measuring cup (1 cup)
- Citrus juicer
- Individual small serving bowls for dipping
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Lightly toast peppercorns in a dry skillet.
- Crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or grind in a mill on medium setting.
- Combine crushed/ground pepper with the remaining ingredients in a measuring cup and stir until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour sauce into individual small dipping bowls. Serve with strips of grilled beef, chicken or shrimp.