Mulled Plum Sorbet
Capture the taste of late summer with this elegant plum sorbet.–Serve alone or as a topping for cakes or pies.–INDIA TREE Mulling Spices enhance its bright, fruit flavor.–This sorbet can be made with fresh plums in season or with frozen plums later in the year.–Surprise your guests by serving it as the finale to a special dinner party or festive holiday meal.
|2||tablespoons INDIA TREE Mulling Spices|
|1/2||INDIA TREE 6-Inch Cinnamon Quill|
|2||lb Italian or prune plums, sliced and pitted|
|1||cup INDIA TREE Caster Sugar|
- Large saucepan
- Food processor
- Measuring cups – dry
- Measuring cups – liquid
- 9 x 13-inch metal pan
*Alternatively, freeze sorbet in an ice cream maker as per manufacturer’s directions.
- Gather mulling spices and cinnamon stick into a square piece of cheesecloth. Tie with string to make a spice bag.
- Add plums, water, sugar and spice bag to a large saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 45 minutes or until plums are very tender and mixture is syrupy. Remove spice bag. Cool completely.
- Add to a food processor and puree until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Pour into a 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan. Freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Break into chunks and add to food processor. Puree for 5 minutes or until smooth. Freeze in airtight container until firm.