Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Especially festive at holiday time, but delicious throughout the year as an accompaniment to turkey, pork, chicken, or lamb, this cranberry sauce is easy to make. It is neither too sweet nor too tart. INDIA TREE Mulling Spices pair beautifully with the berries. Once you taste this combination you will surely want more.
|1||cup Mulled Apple Cider|
|1||bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries|
|1/2||cup INDIA TREE Caster Sugar *|
|1/4||cup INDIA TREE Light Muscovado Sugar **|
- Medium saucepan
- Strainer (optional)
*Superfine white granulated sugar.
**Unrefined light brown sugar from Mauritius.
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries are popping–the longer the sauce cooks, the more berries will pop and the thicker the sauce will become.
- Remove from the heat. For smooth jellied sauce, press through a food mill or strainer. For whole berry sauce, leave as is.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve cold, warm, or at room temperature.
- This sauce can be made ahead and will survive in the refrigerator for several days.