Hot Mulled Cider
Treat family and friends to the warmth, aroma, and good cheer of hot mulled cider, cranberry juice, or other fruit beverages during the holidays and throughout the winter season. INDIA TREE Mulling Spices are an aromatic mix of only the finest allspice, cloves, orange peel, and cinnamon. Because these spices are so pungent, they can often be used to flavor more than one batch.
|1||gallon apple cider*|
|1||one-ounce packet of INDIA TREE Mulling Spices|
|1||INDIA TREE 6-Inch Cinnamon Quill for stirring|
|1||orange slice per serving|
- Large saucepan
- Mallet or hammer
* Visit RECIPES or download INDIA TREE MULLING SPICES–12 RECIPES for flavorful ways to incorporate this aromatic mix of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and orange peel into the making of flavorful drinks, sophisticated desserts, and hearty winter dishes.
- Pour cider into a large saucepan or kettle.
- Use a mallet or hammer to crush one cinnamon stick into several pieces.
- Gather cinnamon and other spices up in a square of cheesecloth and secure with string. Or contain them with a bouquet garni sachet or a metal tea leaf holder.
- Heat cider and bring to a boil. Add the spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove spices.
- Pour cider into heated mugs and garnish with a fresh orange slice.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick or 6 inch quill.